- Arrive in Shannon, Ireland tired, bedraggled, and cranky.
- Luggage seems to take
forever to come off the carousel. Shuttle driver to car rental drove fast and scary - woke us all up.
- Light rain.
- Equipped with maps, we're ready to venture on to Tipperary. We estimate that it should take about two hours to get there.
- Traffic signs are a bit difficult to understand and there are no explanations in any of the books given to us
from the car rental company.
- Countryside is beautful. Meadows and rolling hills in the background dotted with sheep and cattle.
- Traffic is slow through Limerick as we're driving through during rush hour.
- Directions to Aherlow Lodge are concise and easy to follow. Hairpin turn and then the breathtaking mountains.
- Three bedroom, three bathroom house with living room, dining room, and kitchen. We all stumble into bed.
- Drive into Tipperary for groceries.